Darby and I are going to Kenya to be the hands and feet of God, his ambassadors, to the children in Nakuru. I think it is incredible that we have been entrusted with that task. But I think it is very important for all of those not going on the trip to understand the God uses people in incredible ways on this continent too. People may not be starving for food here, but so many people are starving for purpose and freedom. Showing the love of Christ in Kenya is awesome, but sharing the love of Christ in America is just as incredible. Everyone who reads this isn't going with us to Kenya, but they can fulfill the same mission here as we are over there: to love people as God loves us and share the good news of Jesus' sacrifice. It may be less glamorous to serve here than in Kenya, but it is just as necessary.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Thank you (Alton)
If you are reading this, you are probably supporting Darby or me by prayer or even financially as we get ready for our trip. We are very appreciative of your support. I started this blog so that Darby and I can let you know what's going on in our heads and what we are actually doing as we prepare for our trip. I don't know if we will be able to write while we are in Kenya, but we will certainly post something about our experience here afterward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment