Monday, February 23, 2009




This trip was one that I will never forget, for many reasons. The best part of it was seeing how much the people there truly loved each other. Every single person there was willing to give so much of themselve to others.

One day, we were in the city (Nakuru) to get bottled water. We were sitting in the bus waiting for whoever had gone in to bring the water back, and a boy about my age came up to the window asking for food. I gave him a bag of mixed nuts that I had. We asked him where he lived, and he pointed to the store.

"You live in the store? we asked.

"No, between," he said. He lived in the alley between two buildings. After our brief conversation, he walked across the street. A little later, I turn around and watch him share the nuts with 4 other boys who were hungry. When I'm at school and I get a little hungry, I don't share my food. He did not know when he might get another chance to eat, and he was willing to share. It reminded me of in Luke 12, when Jesus says, "Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes."

The day after the conference was over, we went to the center. Most of the kids had ridden away on buses the previous day, and only the boys who lived at the center were there. I spent the majority of the day playing cards with some of the boys.

I taught them a game where each player successively places a card face up in the middle quickly, and whenever two cards of the same value appear, the first person to slap the deck keeps it. Whoever is the last to have cards wins. They loved the game, but it never seemed to end. Each time one of them ran out of cards, another boy would take his deck, split it in two, and give half the boy without.

Another remarkable element of this trip was the way the Kenyans worshiped. They spent hours on end in a room together, swaying, clapping and dancing, singing songs to God. Everyone sang, and everyone moved. It was amazing to watch how much they enjoyed to dance for the Lord. Most of us on the team were asked how we danced in our church, and had trouble understanding when we explained that we stand still during worship.

During this trip, I hopefully shared with them about the love of Christ. I hoped I helped teach them how to have a personal, informal relationship with God. I don't know if I succeeded in teaching them any of this, but I know that they have taught me a lot about loving people the way God loves me, and truly living for others.

1 comment:

Credit Loan Solution said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com